It’s been a long time since I’ve seen a massive credit card sign up bonus…well if you consider 6 months is a long time (Citi Executive AAdvantage MasterCard 100K mile bonus). Chase has upped its game and is now offering a 70K bonus points when you sign up for the Chase Ink Plus Card for Business. The point bonus is in the form of Chase Ultimate Rewards points, which in my mind are immensely valuable since you have a lot of options redeeming these points. I value Chase UR points at 1.6 cents/point mainly because you can transfer them to airline or hotel partners at a 1:1 ratio. Some of my favorite Chase UR transfer partners are:
- United Airlines
- Southwest Airlines
- British Airways
- Korean Airlines
- Virgin Atlantic
- IHG Hotels
Assuming that you do value Chase UR points at 1.6 cents/point, that would mean this sign up bonus is worth $1,120! Now, the card does require that you spend $5,000 in the first 3 months to earn the 70K bonus points. There is also a $95 annual fee, which is not waived. Regardless, this is a great return and I would highly suggest jumping on this deal immediately before they pull it.
How do I Get The Chase Ink Plus 70K Sign Up Bonus?
- Apply for the card using this link
- If you are not instantly approved, call the Chase business reconsideration phone number at: 800-453-9719
- After you are approved Chase will likely call you to verify your business and ask you questions like how much revenue you have, how many employees, and how much you spend per month in business expenses. If you don’t have a business, then just tell them you are a sole proprietor and operate a retail business selling goods on eBay (I’m sure you have sold a old cell phone or something in the past).
- After you receive your card in the mail, spend $5,000 to get the 70K bonus
- Remember you will still need to pay the $95 annual fee, and the fee does not count toward the sign up bonus
Benefits of the Chase Ink Plus Credit Card
The card has some great benefits, mainly in terms of category point earning bonuses. The category bonuses are:
- 5 points per $1 spent at Office Stores, Cable, TV, Cell Phone, and Landline purchases (limited to $50,000 spent per year)
- 2 points per $1 spent at hotels and gas stations (limited to the first $50,000 spent per year)
- 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees
- 20% off air tickets, hotels, rental cars, and cruises when you redeem your points through the Chase Ultimate Rewards site
- Trip cancellation insurance
- Trip interruption insurance
- Auto rental collision damage waiver
- Purchase protection for up to 120 days after purchase against damage and theft
This is an outstanding opportunity to get a boat load of free travel by signing up for the Chase Ink Plus Card. A 70,000 point sign up bonus is nothing to sneeze at, and considering the amount of flexibility that Chase UR points offer in terms of redeeming points for travel at a 20% discount, or transferring the points to a host of different airlines, or hotels this seems like a no-brainer to me.