Earlier this year in February Giant Food ran a 5x gas rewards points on MasterCard gift card purchases. This was a great offer considering that you could purchase a $500 MasterCard gift card and pay a $5.95 fee and get 5 x 500 = 2,500 gas rewards points, plus any grocery bonus on your card. At the time, the Macy’s Star Rewards Card was running a 5% cash back bonus on grocery purchases, so if you maxed out this deal you received:
- $25 Macy’s rewards certificate
- $50 ($2.50 off per gallon of gas x 20 gall fill up)
You came away making $75 on a $6 purchase. Not bad for spending assuming you live or work near a Giant Food store.
This week Giant is running an Easter another 5x gas rewards bonus. This time it appears to be limited to multi-pack gift card purchases. The promotion is valid from 4/11 – 4/24.
How do I Earn The 5x Giant Gas Rewards points?
- Go to Giant and purchase gift card multi-packs (Subway, AMC Theaters, Applebees, GameStop, iTunes, and MasterCard at minimum appear to be valid).
- Make sure you enter your Giant Rewards number at checkout. The 5x gas rewards points will automatically be loaded onto your card. The gas rewards points will be displayed on the bottom of your store receipt.
- Find a Shell gas station that is participating in the program. You can find one by doing a search by zip code on this page.
- Go to the participating station and select “Giant Gas Rewards Member” on the first screen at the pump. Enter your phone number. The system should lookup your number and find that you have $x.xx in gas rewards.
- Tell the system how you wish to pay (credit card, debit, or cash). Press “ok” and the price per gallon should now reflect your gas rewards discount. That’s it!